Friday, August 3, 2012

Keys!

Yesterday I went up to the school to see my classroom. In the process, I got to meet one of the APs, Ms. Holland. She was super nice and gave me a lot to look forward to. She said that Hutch is one of the best schools for a brand new teacher to begin her career. She talked about the teachers and staff that all support one another and get along and how the students love to be loved on by teachers when they know you care about them! It really did give me a relief because I had heard some not so good things about the school and I was excited to hear some positive for a change! I am one of about 4 new teachers on the Language Arts team so there will be many shoulders to lean on this year. I also have a "go-to" 7th grade reading teacher that is a veteran. AND, I'm directly across from the Department Chair so that support will be great to have by my side!



I'm in room 137. Here's my door - haha! I took lots of random pictures so I can think of ways to design it while I'm out shopping. 

This was the first thing I noticed when I walked in - windows - and lots of them! I had seen a classroom once where I student taught that had no windows and I could not work that way! I was thrilled to see a wall of windows. Not only that, but our view is of the courtyard :)


This is the view when you first walk in. The big chalkboard on the back wall will soon be replaced with a dry erase board.

This is the opposite side of the "window wall." A bulletin board and yes, a built in bookcase that I am dying over! Such a space saver!

This is the front of the classroom. The projector screen is coming down and Promethean Boards are replacing them. I have never used a Promethean Board before but apparently they are like the Smart Boards used in elementary classrooms. I'm super excited about getting new technology for the kiddos and hey, me too!

The only things I'm not really diggin' are the paint colors. They aren't soooo bad but just not sure that I want to keep them yet. I will have time to paint before the first day on the 27th so I might see what leftover colors I have at the house from painting bedrooms to save a little money!


Keep On Teachin' On
~Megan

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty exciting to step into your classroom the first time... so much potential! Your big windows are AWESOME. And, I'm totally jealous that ya'll start so late. We've already started!

    ReplyDelete