Monday, August 27, 2012

I survived (and so did they)

Our first day couldn't have gone any better! It was over before I knew it. The kids were super shy and quiet but I'm sure that will change rather quickly as they get to know each other. I even got a few "yes ma'ams" from some of them. Mostly we talked about class expectations and I showed them a powerpoint of myself so that they could get to know their teacher better. In the powerpoint was a video of Tana doing her tricks and it really cracked the kids up. I think after lunch the kids started opening up a little more but by the time 8th period rolled around they were ready to go! There are lots of changes from 6th grade to 7th grade and I am going to teach them how to handle all of it and maintain all of the responsibilities thrown their way. Aside from a few students that I could tell will possibly cause a little trouble here and there, I feel like it's going to be a great year. My biggest goal is to connect my lessons to their lives and interests! Tomorrow we are doing consensus maps and the groups will come up with characteristics they would like to see in me as their teacher. Hopefully I can live up to all of them as I expect them to live up to my expectations in the classroom!

Hope all you out there that celebrated your first day back today had a great one!

Keep On Teachin' On,
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment