Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Hire Orientation

This won't be exciting for you but I was thrilled to already have my first orientation for the district. I met lots of people and everyone was so nice! We did lots of paperwork and talked about insurance and pay and all that other fun stuff - yea right :)

What I did get out of the orientation that I was dying to get my hands on was the curriculum for the upcoming year. I don't think it's ever too early to start planning for your school year, especially as a first year teacher. On another blog that I recently read, a veteran teacher was already planning her first two weeks and a powerpoint for their first Open House so I knew I had to be behind! The Director of Personnel kindly led me to his office and showed me how to access the curriculum online. I have already taken a look at it and plan on starting some lessons this weekend while I enjoy some sun in the backyard.

We also got a schedule of the days that we are required to report on in August. My first day to report is August 15 and the students start back on August 27. I love me some schedules and timelines so I'm going to buy a new calendar today to get all my important dates in. I'm dying to see my classroom too but I guess that will have to wait until the 15th...sigh...

Thanks for stopping by!

Keep On Teachin' On!
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment