Saturday, February 4, 2012

3 strike rule

I'm hoping that this blog will be a place to document what works and what doesn't work in a classroom full of middle school kiddos.

What worked Friday with the 7th graders -

I gave them the 3 strike rule. If they were quiet during writing time and could go through the entire class without getting three strikes, they would get the reward that I had brought for them that morning. I didn't tell them what it was but they were really excited about it and whispered for the 45 minutes I had them! It actually worked!!! I was super proud of myself and them. I also let them know that my teacher from UTA would be there Monday and that I really needed them to be on their best behavior so that she could see what a good class they were. I hope it goes well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment