Monday, September 10, 2012

Entering the third six weeks

I know, I know. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've checked in, but teaching is so much harder than I thought and there is something to do even AFTER school every day! Well, let me clarify. Teaching itself isn't hard, it's just managing that along with checking school email throughout the day and staying on top of new teacher professional development hours that have to be completed. But I am still loving every minute of it. So here's a quick post for tonight...

I just checked out a middle school site that I follow and there is a book study for Teach Like A Champion going on over at http://middleschoolforlife.blogspot.com/ I encourage you to visit the site if you haven't already!

We made consensus maps the first week of school and the question that I had the students answer was, "What kind of teacher do you want?" Some of their answers were hilarious and very "middle-school" like, but here is what everyone agreed on overall. I think they did a great job and they learned a new word, consensus!



Keep On Teachin' On,
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment